WP1 Future trends in transport systems and their job impact assessment (CERTH)
The objectives of SKILLFUL WP1 can be summarized as following:
- To identify the key paradigm shifters and game changers in the future transportation ecosystem.
- To identify the key enabling and supporting technologies that drive the above changes.
- To identify emerging novel services and service bundles that will shape the future transportation sector.
- To identify the major demographic, behavioural, cultural and socioeconomic issues that will shape the future workplace in transport.
- To match the future skill and competences requirements with the current and foresighted workforce groups in transport and identify the leading relevant scenarios on employability enhancement in the future.
According to the interviews and literature review that have been realized until now in the context of WP1, it is estimated that some existing occupations are expected to fall dramatically or even disappear in the more distant future, some new professions are going to make their appearance (up until now nearly16 new jobs have been already foreseen) to meet any emerging needs while several professions are going to change.
In the context of WP1 a multimodal Workshop will take place, during the FIRM ’17 Conference, in Brussels at the 6th of April 2017.
Work Package Leader: